I’m back with a new recipe for you! This calls for a Tuscany seasoning, but could easily be swapped for a good garlic & herb blend. I threw this together with what I had in my fridge at the time & was surprised at how well it turned out! It’s a great spring-summer transition meal with all the fresh veggies. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 tbs Tuscany seasoning
- 1lb ground chicken
- 2 carrots, peeled & diced
- 2/3 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 small can of sweet corn, drained
- 4-6 cut mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet chicken gravy, cooked to packet directions
- 1 cup parmesean cheese
For mashed potatoes:
- 5-6 white potatoes –
- 1-2 tbs sour cream
- 4 tbs butter
- garlic salt to taste
1. Boil water for potatoes & make mashed potatoes as you normally would. (I included sour cream and butter for my potatoes – no milk bakes better). Set aside when done. This can be done while simultaneously cooking the meat & veggies.
2. In a large pan, cook the ground chicken until almost done. Add 1/2 Tuscany seasoning, let simmer 1 minute.
3. Add onion & garlic to chicken. Simmer with chicken until onions are cooked through.
4. Add the peas, mushrooms, carrots & remaining seasoning to mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes. Add corn & 1/2 of the prepared gravy. Mix everything together.
6. In a 9×13 pan, line the bottom of the pan with the meat/veggie mixture. Top mixture with mashed potatoes. Top potatoes with cheese.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or until the top is starting to brown.
8. Let stand 10 minutes, then serve with sides of remaining gravy for dipping.
Side note: I found this wonderful Tuscany blend seasoning from The Spice & Tea Exchange in New Orleans, LA. They’re all over the country, but if there isn’t one near you, click here for their website. This stuff is SO good!