I’m a sucker for a great chicken recipe. This chicken cordon blue one has been in my family for awhile now, and it’s a treat each time it pops up on the menu – it’s my favorite! I haven’t attempted to make it on my own yet, but I teamed up with my mom while I was home over Christmas to see just how she does it, and it was actually fairly fool-proof (minus the the toothpicks; those will get a fool every time)! I can’t wait to try it out in my own kitchen. In the meantime, I’ll share it with you:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices of deli ham
- 4 slices of swiss cheese
- 1 box of Shake ‘n Bake
- 1 package of dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 small container of sour cream
1. Flatten (or butterfly) the chicken breasts and place 1 slice ham and 1 slice swiss cheese in the middle; secure with toothpicks.
2. In a bag, mix Shake ‘n Bake & dry Italian dressing. Coat the chicken with the mix.
3. Fry the chicken in a hot & oiled skillet, just to brown both sides.
4. Mix the sour cream and cream of chicken soup together. Put chicken in backing dish and cover with the cream mixture.
5. Bake for 35-45 min at 350 degrees. Final product:
My mouth is seriously watering at 9:30 in the morning as I write this post. This stuff is so good! I’d love to hear if you try it out!